Nationwide Free Ladder Safety Training
Featured at International Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition
Springville, Utah, September 30, 2013 – Little Giant Ladder Systems®
(www.littlegiantladders.com), the industry leader in ladder safety innovations, is showcasing the
most innovative advancements in ladder design at the 2013 International Construction and
Utility Equipment Exposition (ICUEE) in Louisville (Booth 1825).
The Claw™, Aerial Safety Cage™, and fiberglass SumoStance™ extension ladder are only a
few of the newest Little Giant innovations that are increasing workplace safety and being
adopted by construction and utility professionals.
“The numbers are shocking. Every day 2,000 people are injured while using ladders; 100 suffer
a long-term or permanent disability; and tragically, 1 person dies—every day,” said Ryan Moss,
CEO of Little Giant Ladder Systems and Vice President of the American Ladder Institute. “For
many companies, ladder-related incidents are the single greatest injury and lost-time expense.
Continuing education and providing state-of-the-art ladder innovations are the only ways
companies can reduce, and in most cases, prevent ladder accidents.”
Little Giant Ladder Systems is providing show attendees the opportunity to schedule a free
ladder safety training in which all participants will receive a certificate of completion. Little Giant
will also introduce attendees to the American Ladder Institute’s (ALI) free online ladder safety
training program (www.laddersafetyhub.com). This program, which covers the four major types
of ladders and features a pre-test, video instruction, and post-test, allows safety professionals to
record and track their employees’ certification by name.
New Product Innovations:
• When attached to a suitable overhead anchor point with appropriate fall-arrest
equipment, the Claw Positioning System can prevent an operator from falling from an
• With the lightweight 4-pound Claw installed, any operator can safely and securely fasten
the top of an extension ladder to a cable strand, scaffolding, other suitable overhead
anchor points before leaving the ground.
• The Claw’s weight-activated clamp automatically attaches to an overhead anchor point
preventing unwanted shifting, sliding, or tipping, which often result in life-altering or fatal
Aerial Safety Cage™
• New rules and regulations require operators working above a certain height to either tie
off to a suitable anchor point or to work in an approved enclosure.
• In certain situations where suitable anchor points are not available, these regulations
can be counter-productive and in many cases, almost impossible to follow.
• Bridging the gap between tie-off rules and operational efficiency, the Aerial Safety Cage
is a mobile, cost-effective, and versatile solution that gives professionals a fully
enclosed, completely height-adjustable secure work platform allowing 360-degree aerial
SumoStance™ Extension Ladder
• Over-reaching at the top of an extension ladder is a major cause of some of the most
deadly ladder accidents. Using ladders on rough terrain and uneven ground only
compounds the problem.
• The SumoStance, which has tested to 600% more side-tip stability than conventional
extension ladders, helps professionals work faster and safer on uneven surfaces.
• The SumoStance features nonconductive LiteWave™ fiberglass technology, making the
SumoStance up to 15% lighter than comparable narrow-based fiberglass extension
ladders of the same type and duty rating.
Little Giant Ladder Resources:
• The Claw video and images: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5756rwQT6E
• Aerial Safety Cage: http://littlegiantladders.com/special-purpose/aerial-safetycage/
• SumoStance: http://littlegiantladders.com/extension-ladders/sumostance.html
About Little Giant Ladder Systems:
Little Giant Ladder Systems, Inc. manufactures and distributes superior-quality climbing
products to discerning homeowners and professionals throughout the world. The company’s
growing family of consumer brands includes Little Giant Ladders®, Little Giant Xtreme™,
SumoStance™, Select Step™, Lunar™ and Combo SXE™.
For more information contact:
Strategic Connections, LLC