Having the right ladder for the job is one of the best ways to prevent a ladder accident. Choosing the wrong ladder is dangerous and can often lean to injuries.
Here are a few questions to ask when choosing your ladder:
- 1. Where will the ladder be used?
- 2. What job is the ladder being used for?
- 3. Will the ladder be used around any electrical wires?
- 4. What weight rating is needed, when the weight of the person and the weight of his or her equipment is added?
- 5. Will you need an adjustable or articulating ladder?
- 6. What is the highest point you will be reaching?
- 7. Do you need a self-supporting ladder or an extension ladder?
Once you have an answer for these questions, follow these three steps to help you get the right ladder.
- Select the Height. Height may vary depending on the answers to the questions.
- Choose the performance rating. Again, this will vary, depending on your needs.
- Select the Material. If the work is around electricity – Fiberglass. If the work is everywhere but electrical or power lines – Aluminium.
Take the time to answer these questions so you can get the right ladder for you.