The most catastrophic ladder accidents are caused by over-reaching, working on uneven surfaces, and stepping from the ladder to the roof and back. People have attempted to solve the leveling problem with rocks and boards and are left to improvise, or do nothing.
The HyperLite™ SumoStance® is the only extension ladder in the world with Little Giant’s patented SumoStance leveling outrigger system, which more than doubles the ladder’s base width and increases side-tip stability. The SumoStance’s intuitive safety features help ensure a safe, stable set-up for any job on almost any surface and is lighter than any other manufacturer’s lightest ordinary extension ladders.
To be precise: the HyperLite SumoStance, with the added safety of leveling outriggers, is still lighter than any other traditional extension ladder without sacrificing strength and stability.
The HyperLite SumoStance also offers a side-to-side bubble level and front-to-back angle indicator, making it possible to set up the ladder safely. It also features Little Giant’s unique side-mounted, dual-pulley system, which reduces the effort required to lift the fly section by 45% and removes the potential trip hazard caused by traditional center pulley rope systems.
Its wide rungs let you work comfortably without foot fatigue. The patent-pending Sure-Set™ foot allows you to set the feet in either flat or spike positions and have them stay in place.
Little Giant’s exclusive nonconductive hi-viz green rail has been scientifically proven to be the most visible hue of the color spectrum to the human eye. Why should a ladder need to be hi-viz? Some of the most catastrophic falls are caused by people who walk or drive into an extension ladder in use. People die simply because the ladder was not visible.
How to Video/Benefits of the HyperLite SumoStance™ Ladder
• SumoStance leveling outrigger system helps ensure a safe, level setup and reduces the risk of side-tip falls and gives you a safe secure feeling while using your ladder
• Nonconductive fiberglass construction provides additional safety while working around electricity
• Lightweight design helps prevent incidence of common injuries such as torn rotator cuffs, herniated disks, ankle sprains and knee ligament tears from loading and unloading or carrying heavy traditional extension ladders
• Roof line indicator to ensure a quick, safe setup with at least three feet above the contact point
• Solid-riveted plate rung construction is stronger, more durable, and easier to replace
• Convenient side-to-side and front-to-back angle level bubbles help ensure a safe setup every time
• Patent-pending HyperLite SumoStance weighs less than traditional fiberglass extension ladders even though it comes with two wide-stance levelers
• Interlocking side rails with internal rail guides on both the bottom of fly section and top of base section for easy glide during operation
• No protruding external guides in the way as you ascend and descend
• Spring-assisted heavy-duty extruded aluminum rung locks for smooth, secure operation
• Patent-pending Sure-Set™ foot stays in position when you set it to either flat nonslip rubber shoe or spike mode for soft surfaces
• The patent-pending Ground Cue prevents injuries by signaling the user when it is safe to dismount the ladder
• Rail shield bracket and shoe protects fiberglass rails from damage and weather
• High-strength polymer molded leg brace for increased stability
• Co-molded nonslip rubber wall pads protect working surfaces and provide superior stability
• Weather-resistant UV-inhibiting compound in fiberglass resin for extended outdoor use
• Complies with all OSHA, ANSI A14 strength and testing standards. Rung/step spacing complies to OSHA and Int’l standards*
*OSHA 1910.23, OSHA 1926.10.53, CSA Z11, EN131-1, AS/NZS 18188.8.131.52
• Up to 20 percent more rigid than comparable standard extension ladders*
• Wide, flat rungs provide great comfort and reduce foot fatigue
• Side-mounted, dual-pulley system reduces the effort required to raise the fly section by 45 percent and removes the trip hazard caused by traditional center-pulley rope systems
• Braided rope is larger, softer and more durable than ordinary ladder rope
• Engineered nail notch in the shoe allows you to secure the ladder to prevent slide outs for added peace of mind
• 1-Year limited warranty
• The HyperLite SumoStance is available in the following duty ratings and sizes:
Extra Heavy Duty Type IA – 300 lbs: 16’, 20’, 24’, 28’, 32′, 36′ and 40′
Special Duty Type IAA – 375 lbs: 16’, 20’, 24’, 28’ and 32′
* Based on tests performed in a controlled ANSI-compliant test lab
Preventing Injuries, Saving Lives.™
|16' IA||16' IAA||20' IA||20' IAA||24' IA||24' IAA||28' IA||28' IAA||32' IA||32' IAA||36' IA||40' IA|
|Weight Capacitiy||300 lbs.||375 lbs.||300 lbs.||375 lbs.||300 lbs.||375 lbs.||300 lbs.||375 lbs.||300 lbs.||375 lbs.||300 lbs.||300 lbs.|
|Extension Min. Height||9 ft.||9 ft.||11 ft.||11 ft.||13 ft.||13 ft.||15 ft.||15 ft.||16 ft.||16 ft.||18 ft.||20 ft.|
|Extension Max Height||14 ft.||14 ft.||18 ft.||18 ft.||22 ft.||22 ft.||26 ft.||26 ft.||30 ft.||30 ft.||33 ft.||36 ft.|