Each job requires different ladder features to help you be successful. Your needs as a firefighter are drastically different than the needs of someone working in the electrical field, which is why Little Giant Ladder Systems® created the Overhaul™ firefighting ladder.
The Overhaul™ was designed with a firefighter’s specific needs in mind. It uses Rock Locks® for easy adjustment while wearing gloves. With Safety Insight™ photoluminescent strips on each rung, you can easily climb through the dark without fear. The durable material is integrated into the rung, not pasted on as an after-market add-on, and it glows for up to 16 hours on each rung when fully charged.
Working in high-heat environments also means that your ladder is exposed to extreme elements often. The Overhaul uses heat-sensing labels that indicate when the ladder has experienced too much heat damage and should be removed from service.
The Overhaul helps you complete any given task with ease. Set up the ladder in different configurations that suit the project at hand, like stepladder, extension, staircase or 90-degree. Plus, with the equipped roof and rafter hooks, the Overhaul can be attached to a rafter or truss to prevent the ladder from sliding during work.
The rubberized feet provide stability on wet or slippery surfaces and the flip-down spike feet improve stability on grass, carpet and other soft surfaces.
The Little Giant Overhaul ladder system is designed to meet the requirements of NFPA 1931-2015, Standard for Manufacturer’s Design of Fire Department Ground Ladders, and has been tested to the requirements of NFPA 1932-2015, Standard on Use, Maintenance, and Service Testing of In-Service Fire Department Ground Ladders.
Little Giant’s Overhaul and Defender ladders are the only articulating ladder systems that meet the requirements of NFPA 1901-2009, Standard for Automotive Fire Apparatus, section 220.127.116.11 for pumpers, section 8.7.5 for ladder trucks, and section 18.104.22.168 for quints.
Insurance Services Office
The Little Giant Overhaul Ladder meets ISO requirements for credit on pumper and ladder apparatus.
GSA Number: GS-07F-475AA
The Overhaul Ladder is available in a 17-foot size.
How to Use the Little Giant Overhaul™ Ladder
- The Overhaul™ from Little Giant® was designed with a firefighter’s specific needs in mind.
- Rock Locks® make for easy adjustment, even while wearing thick firefighting gloves.
- The ladder’s rungs are equipped with Safety Insight™ photoluminescent strips, so you can see the rungs even in low light.
- Safety Insight photoluminescent rung strips glow for up to 16 hours when fully charged.
- Heat-sensing labels indicate when the ladder has experienced too much heat damage and should be removed from service.
- The Overhaul is a multi-position ladder that can be used in stepladder, extension, staircase and 90-degree configurations.
- Roof and rafter hooks can be attached to rafters or trusses to prevent sliding.
- Rubberized feet provide stability on slick surfaces.
- Flip-down spike feet improve stability on soft surfaces, like grass or carpet.
- Meets or exceeds all OSHA, ANSI and NFPA requirements and is rated Type IAA to hold 375 lbs.
Preventing Injuries, Saving Lives.™
|Weight Capacity||375 lbs.|
|ANSI Duty Rating||Type IAA|
|A-Frame Min. Height||4 ft. 5 in.|